Friday, January 9

we were both young when i first saw you

Been on hiatus for nearly a week now. In two days, back on hiatus again. So first week of school wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was fun :) Got KD again, but now alongside Aqila who's PKD! She sits beside me in class, we sit in front of Seri, Karyna and Karishma. Can you imagine? Karyna and her self-ads, oh my god (Y) So yeah, overall it really was okay but the one period extended to an hour thing is a dead letdown. Less books? Pfft. One subject requires 6 books, sort of -.- So yeah, homework increasing by the day. And I've only gone through 5 days of school. Reading back my previous posts, I did make a big fuss about school starting soon and all. My god -.- Anw, Form1s, my my, so many! D: I haven't bought anything to eat for recess since the start of this week. So bloody crowded, I tell you. Oh and the Form1s get tables! I remember last year, throughout nearly the whole year, my friends and I had to stand. Well I guess if we took the effort to get a table, we'd get one but oh well.

On the way back home today, I had a conversation with Mommy:

Hanna : Mommy, is McDonald's Jew?
Mommy : Well, it's owned by American-Jews, I think. Even if it's American, well, they support Israel don't they? Whatever we buy from these shops and restauraunts, if we purchase anything, it goes back to America / Israel. And I don't think I'll have to tell you what they do with the money, especially with this Palestin and Israel war going on.
Hanna : Bombs.
Mommy : Right.
Hanna : So wait, it means we can't buy food or clothes from all these shops and such?
Mommy : Hanna, have you seen the pictures of all those children who got bombed and killed? If you can actually watch them die, well, by all means, go ahead.
Hanna : Oh.
Mommy : I don't think you've been watching news or reading the newspaper. Out of the 700 people who died, more than 300 of them were children. Babies, and all.
Hanna : How did this all start off anyway? Israel wanting Palestin's land and such? Israel is right beside Palestin, eh?
Mommy : Israel is IN Palestin. In 1948, the British agreed to give a small land of Palestin to the Jews so they could create a state of their own. Ever since then, they wanted more, more, and more.
Hanna : Oh wow. But Mommy, there are so so so so so many companies under America and Israel. McD's, Coffee Bean, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Hut, (I named more companies after that).
Mommy : Er well, yes. But Secret Recipe is local :D
Hanna : Mm -.- Who is helping Palestin? And who else are on US / Israel's side?
Mommy : America is the most powerful country, you know that right? And with the American-Jews playing a big part in their economy, America will have to be on their side. That's one. You know, British too are practically on America's side. Actually, safe to say, most or all of the non-muslim countries are siding with America. Economy, really.
Hanna : Whaaat? But... clothes? Food? How?
Mommy : -__-" It's not that we can't buy anything from outside, just, well I don't know. Main thing, don't help them buy bombs.
Hanna : Obama isn't doing anything about this?
Mommy : He's not president yet. But even when he becomes president, do YOU think he'll change what's going on? Economy, Hanna. If he helps Palestin, it's, well, betraying the nation and affects the economy and such.
Hanna : He was born Muslim, right?
Mommy : I think so, yes.
Hanna : Those people who died. They'll go to heaven, am I right?
Mommy : Insya'Allah. You know, all those children and babies, of course they will.
Hanna : One good thing. Why aren't the Muslim countries helping Palestin? There's quite a number of Muslim countries right?
Mommy : Right now, the only people helping the Palestin is the Hamas. But they're considered terrorists. Obviously Palestin needs help, right? So it's a last resort sort of thing. They don't have many bombs, compared to the Jews. But it's better than rocks and stones.
Hanna : Wait wait waaait. I can't be friends with Josh?
Mommy : Individually it's okay la.
Hanna : Mommy, he's Jew. He goes to Israel for Summer holidays. He supports them, doesn't he? He doesn't like Muslims, right? He's one of them o.o
Mommy : -_- Well, in that case I guess so. You haven't been in contact with him for quite some time anyway.

And so the conversation went on and on, whilst we were stuck in the jam on the way back. I really, really, really do pity them. Palestin citizens. And I don't quite remember the whole conversation, sorry for wasting your time by reading this, again. Sorry again if I offended anyone. But, sigh. To make things worse, I bought coffee at Starbucks the day I got to know about the recent bombings in Gaza and Palestin. You may call me under-informed about what's happening internationally, but like a give a damn :(

2 comments:

elin said...

You're a nice girl, Hanna (:

Hanna Haizal said...

heh, thanks :)

Jellybeans