Wednesday, November 18

Flux capasitor

Angela kept her promise and posted about 2 Hormat 2009, so now I will too.

Last year, school holidays started on the first week of November. We didn't get all our results back yet at the time, so the school administrators created an online system for us to check our results on the school's website.
I think it was mid-December when the results were finally up.



2 Hormat!
I asked around and was relieved to find that Seri, Karyna, Aqila, Angela, Jo Ee and a few others got the same class as me too. Then I got to know that Eishatur too will be in 2 Hormat and I went blank. Shit. 2 Hormat will be full of smart people who score nothing less than 90 for every subject in every exam. So I guess at first I had a bad feeling about 2009. I predicted this year to be full of stress, no fun, no new friends, and so on.
The holidays went by pretty quickly (2008's end of year holiday was awesome, and yes, that was when Awesome Foursome was formed ) and before I knew it, it was already the first week of school for the year 2009. Well, I guess you can say the first day of school went well. I kind of clicked with lots of new people I wasn't so close to before this. Karishma, Pik Leng, Arial, Aqilah Azlan. I was selected as KD and Aqila as PKD, with Angela as our Head of Cleanliness hehe :)

I guess after a month, I concluded that 2 Hormat wasn't that bad after all. I mean, of course there was the whole tough competition in class with people like Eishatur and Atikah getting As for everything, but it felt nice, you know? We all bonded well and kind of like a family.

It was March when the first inter-class competition occured. Choral speaking. The first thing we did together as a class, going against 7 other classes. We ended up getting 2nd place, after 2 Amanah. They were really good, and with Farhanah being such a good leader and conducting them well in everything, we knew that if anything, it was 2 Amanah that were our main rivals. Not in a bad way, of course. They're all nice people.

After that, there was the Geography quiz, BM drama and History drama. And probably some other minor competitions that I forgot about that didn't involve the whole class. We won first place for the Geography quiz, and I remember all of us were so overjoyed and happy... Just because. Just because it felt good to win first place for something. Just because we did it as a class and we studied Geography just so we had a shot to win the competition. It might have been just a small project run by the Geography teachers to help us for our exams, but it still felt good to win. Really.
We celebrated our win by having a class party at Aqilah Azlan's house. Oh boy. That was awesome. We played Guitar Hero and American Idol together, ate pizzas and other food outside. What a way to spend a class party, ey? And I also remember Stephanie playing the piano for us, and me recording her playing using my phone. It's still in my phone, in fact.

Throughout the year, we had the weekly cleanest class and highest attendance thing. We got the cleanest class just once or maybe twice, and I remember feeling so proud I could cry. Not because we got the cleanest class, but because we didn't get the dirtiest class. I think we got that about more than 17 times throughout the year. Maybe more, I dunno. Every week during Monday morning assembly, I'd hold Aqila and Angela's hand tight when they were about to announce the results.

Then there was the BM drama. Yes, that only happened recently. I don't think I'd elaborate much on that, and plus, I blogged about it. You can read the post here.

Finally, the History drama. We only started practicing seriously a week before the competition, and safe to say pretty much everyone gave up in making an effort to win. We were that bad. We didn't get to do a single full rehearsal, we weren't so equipped when it came to props and costumes, not all of us memorized our lines, and so on. The results didn't turn out so bad after all :) 4th place baby.

11 months has passed and we all know we've been through tons of ups and downs together. Be it class matters, or outside school problems. I know I can depend on my classmates to cheer me up or tell my stories to.

I'll miss being KD of 2 Hormat. I know I may not be the best, heck, I know I don't make a good class monitor. Besides, this is probably my last year being one (next year I'll be in 3 G, Aisyah will be too and majority of the class is from 2 Amanah, so go figure). I'm sorry for losing my temper with you people. For ever being rude or selfish or ignorant or impatient. Sorry for asking you to do things when it wasn't your job, sorry for being a hypocrite when it came to things like me asking you all to keep quiet when we all know I don't do too good of a job myself at keeping quiet either.

I'll miss ICTL together as a class. Yes, the computers we get suck, but when one of us with satisfying Internet connection is on a site that's worth surfing (YouTube! :D), then majority of the class would all crowd around that one person's computer and we'd surf togetherrr.

I'll miss PJK every Thursday. Whenever teacher lets us do our own work, then out comes the hula hoops, badminton rackets, balls, etc.

I'll miss Maths with Puan Ranchani. Because you have to admit, no matter how fussy she is and how irrelevant her scoldings sometimes are, she's a good teacher. Plus, it's funny to see how she thinks her jokes are funny because Karyna laughs at them :p

I'll miss Agama class with Nad, Aqila, Seri and Karyna. We're probably the five people Ustazah always targets when it comes to those who don't complete their homework on time :P

I'll miss KH Group A. Cik Mazlina is such a sweetheart, I don't see how she can stand us -.- (By 'us' I kind of mean Karyna :p HEHE)

I'll miss English with Puan Puteri, because this is the second year I have her as my English teacher, and she knows us all so well already. Plus, it's funny to see how she targets people like Angela with remarks like "Angela, stop twisting your hair!" :D

I'll miss Puan Fify as my class teacher and Science teacher because she too has been my teacher since last year, and I like how she teaches Science, really! Which is kind of why I go to Science tuition with her.

I'll miss Civics with Puan Faridah simply because she lets us do our own work when she doesn't know what to teach :)

I'll miss how it's always Eishatur who understands my dirty jokes first. She's also always the one who comes up with the funniest and most absurd dirty jokes too! (Mommy, if you're reading this, no, my dirty jokes are not that dirty (;0 )

I'll miss Angela and her sarcastic remarks about everything, every day in class. We've been classmates for two years already and I swear to God it sucks to lose her as a classmate next year, especially when I need her sarcasm to cheer me up when I'm stressed -.- And her English... Whoa.

And next year neither of them will be in 3 Gigih. So who am I supposed to crack my lame dirty jokes with? :(

I'll miss Aqila, Aqilah and Seri. Class is so boring without them, and they're who I talk to the most in class about silly things from primary school and everything else. Aqila for her amusing family stories, Aqilah for being loud and most of the time cheerful as she is, Seri for being my lame loser in class :)

I'll miss how FLY and Kesshmita will always look at me weirdly if I do or say something stupid. Their expressions: priceless.

I'll miss how Shakeena and Sabrina are always arguing in class, and how both of them are always so blur about everything, it's funny -.-

I'll miss Husnina, period. She's so nice. And cute :D And her twin, Azmina, is too. So since I'll lose Husnina as a classmate next year, I hope I'll at least get Azmina :)

I'll miss how Sophia, Siti Sarah and Niraanjana are always talking about anime and I always overhear their conversations because I sit in front of them in class. And I'd always interrupt their conversations by saying things like "Oh my God I love Gaara" even if they weren't talking about Naruto.

I'll miss Fatin and Fatini, because they're so fun to bully and they don't really do anything about it when I bully them :P

I'll miss Atiqah. She doesn't talk to me much but I used to sit beside her after Puan Fify separated me from Aqila. You would've never guessed her taste in music if you looked at her. Metallica, BMTH, System of a Down, Slipknot. Really.

I'll miss how Jannatul whole-heartedly volunteers for things that nobody else wants to do, i.e. group leaders for class projects, big roles in dramas (narrator for History drama), and so on.

I'll miss how Hanisa is really good at Arts, and how she's really polite about everything. And by that, I mean everything.


I'll miss the Kooldawgs. Each and every one of them.
-Karyna for her stupidity (HAHA) and non-stop rantings about cheer,
-Jasween because of the way she talks and tells her stories,
-Yasshene's stories, they're so funny and sometimes so ridiculous. I can also always depend on her to help me out with something... It usually involves walking with me to the staff room to see a teacher :p ,
-Pik Leng because I can always depend on her to do things, and her loud KP voice is... (Y) ,
-Atikah because of how naive and gullible she is about everything. She's so sweet, never tells lies and nice and optimistic about everything. And no, Atikay, you will not get a virus if you send a Poke on Facebook.,
-Susan because of how "manly" she is, and how annoyed she is by me. It shows! :p
-Karishma for probably being the most sane of the Kooldawgs. I got closer to her this year after a year in Form 1 of not really talking so much, I remember in Std 5 and 6 we used to sit beside each other and well, talk about anything and everything ;)

They're always the noisiest in class and no matter how many times I tell them to shut the hell up, truthfully they're the ones who make 2 H as it is. Noisy. They contribute the most noise and bring in most of the fun.

I'll miss how calm and composed Alya is, and how she's probably one of the most matured ones in 2 Hormat :D

I'll miss Jo Ee, but I'll get her next year so whippeeee! I love how she's an absolute genius in Maths and teaches Angela and I when we don't understand, and how she claims to not give a damn about studies but is super smart even if she doesn't study so hard -.-

I'll miss Thivya, and how she thinks she's so cool about everything. Hehe. Don't worry Thivya, because yes, you're cool :)

I'll miss how quiet Stephanie and Sherene are in class. Whenever I see Stephanie, Sherene is almost always beside her. Stephanie's violin and piano-playing... Wow. And Sherene's church singing voice is actually really, really, really nice.

I'll miss how Arial studies so hard, she makes me feel guilty. Really! We've been classmates for two years as well and next year she'll be in 3 Hormat, sigh. It's okay. There's still Science tuition, right? :)




The thirty-one people that I'm blessed and thankful to have as classmates this year. Loves.

No comments:

Jellybeans