Sunday, January 1

"All I want for New Years is you~"

HAPPY 2012, EVERYBODY!!!

It's 1:26am on 1st January 2012, and I'm chilling in the hotel room at Grand Lexis, Port Dickson with my family. Expected a boring NYE but I had fun today - had a much needed full body massage at the spa and spent most of the day exploring the hotel. This place is lovely, I'd definitely recommend it for a short getaway from KL.

I realised something. It doesn't matter how you spend your New Years. If you didn't enjoy it, it certainly doesn't mean you won't enjoy the rest of the year. 1st January is just like any other day. It'll be amazing, if you make it amazing.

2012 will be amazing, if you make it amazing. :)

Unlike most people, I didn't enjoy 2011 as much as I thought I would. Sure, I had good times that I'll remember for a long time. But honestly I spent a lot of the past year being upset about things I shouldn't be upset about. I made lots of mistakes, went through rough times with some people, my grades dropped tremendously but in a way I'm thankful it all happened. 2011 wasn't the best but I learnt a lot.

Most people don't make New Year resolutions but since I kind of kept mine last year, I think I'll make three that I'll hopefully be able to keep:

1) To love more and hate less.
2) To work hard to achieve my goals, especially in academics.
3) To stop swearing completely.

To sum it up, my resolution is like everyone else's: to be a better person.

Let's see how that goes.

No comments:

Jellybeans