Wednesday, November 30

Assumption Soup Kitchen

I just got back from Assumption Family House. Volunteered there earlier this morning with Yassh, Mira, Marina, Amalina, Nad, Sasha and a few others. It was my first time! We didn't cook the food though, but we prepared everything and cleaned up after that. Then helped to pack the food. Rice, chicken curry and long beans. By the time we were done (about 300 packs! Super tiring) most of us already had to go home. Yassh, Sasha and I followed Ms Alice to deliver the food.

I'm not sure where we went but it was somewhere near Sunway (I think?) at the low-cost flat area. We helped distribute the packs to the people there. Realised how pretty damn lucky I really am. There was this man who had arms until just above where his elbows should be. He had hands that weren't fully formed. He took the food packs and said thank you, then walked off.

I know people have told me to be grateful before, but looking at those people.. all I can say is, I'm glad I went to deliver the food earlier and hopefully it won't be my last time.








No comments:

Jellybeans