Tuesday, February 26

85th Academy Awards

(All photos in this post taken from Tumblr)

Previously, I've never watched the Academy Awards from start to end. I just wasn't that interested I suppose. I watched this year's though, and although I heard last year's was much better, I still thought it was pretty good.


Amanda Seyfried looked so so so beautiful in her Alexander McQueen dress:




I really, really did not like the host but what can go wrong with JGL and Daniel Radcliffe?!


(JGL especially):


I loved it when the men in The Avengers went onstage to present an award:


The Les Mis cast performance brought me to tears (Aaron freaking Tveit c'mon) (Samantha Barks looked gorgeous) :




Daniel Day Lewis has such a sweet smile and his acceptance speech for Best Actor was so witty, heartwarming and great:



(3:03 onwards)

"I really don't know how any of this happened. I do know that I've received so much more than my fair share of good fortune in my life"

"At the apex of that human pyramid there are three men to whom I owe this and a great deal more: Tony Kushner, our beloved skipper Steven Spielberg and the mysteriously beautiful mind, body and spirit of Abraham Lincoln"

And these photos of Best Actor & Actress and Best Supporting Actor & Actress are all kinds of amazing:



And the highlight of the whole show for me was Ben Affleck's acceptance speech when Argo won Best Picture:

"You have to work harder than you think you possibly can. You can't hold grudges, it's hard, but you can't hold grudges. And it doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life, 'cause that's gonna happen. All that matters is that you gotta get up"

That's going to keep me going for a long time.

Maybe I'll start watching more award shows in the future,
and post pointless posts about them after.

xx


No comments:

Jellybeans