Sunday, March 15

The Epiphany - Bringing It Up A Notch

I'm currently listening to Northern Downpour by Panic At The Disco. Been listening to it for approximately 3 times already.
The song is so sad, the melody itself makes me close to tears :(

"You clicked your heels and wished for me"

Deep lyrics. I have yet to find out what they mean, though :p Mira and Nadd once told me, but I don't remember much of it.

Now, for the ICC update! It was superfun. Last year's was okay, this year was the bomb. Exaggeration, but you get my point. Hani Madu and Henry Golding were the emcees. Hani Madu sounds like just as she does on FlyFM! Yes, I know, obviously, but yeah. Henry has an accent! Something about just got back from someplace or something. "ICC boleyyy!" I don't remember.

The performances were really good as well. For the singing category, all winners were from Sri Aman! Well done Kaii, Melissa Tan and Novia Chua! The three of you sang really well :)
As for the dancing category, Hot 'N' Cool won third place, and yes, all of them are from Sri Aman too! Aisyah looked really pretty with her hair and all :)
Urban Attitude won 1st runner up, yes, they were goooood as well! Munira, Amal, Fahimah and some few others danced in the group  - from Sri Aman! Hell yeah! :p
Bunny's group, King's Cross won overall for the dancing category! Well done! Their dance was really good. They deserved to win :) Elynna and Lissa's dance was cool too, with the pokerface(s) and all, but unfortunately they didn't get top three ;| It's okay! It's all about the experience, right? :)

Yes, now, as nearly everyone has concluded about the winners of both categories - is it just me or did any of you notice that every winning performance included at least one Sri Amanian? Hoooyeah :)

The grand winner gets RM1000 in cheque. Tell me, is that a lot or whaaat?!Now guess who or which group won the overall talent competition?
None other than King's Cross! Congratulations!
Also, I saw on the ICC Concert website that they donated RM500 of the whopping amount to the Golden Child Project. That is just plain generous :]

Mia Pallencia performed as one of the guest artists, her guitar was unique o.o She sang well too, and at one point she called her brother onto the stage, and they sang Lucky together! So sweet, I liked her performance :)

Caprice performed three songs or so, and his entrance to the stage was... different? In a good way! :) Yeah, he was cool! I liked Fantasy Girl - for some weird reason Mai and Aqila were headbanging to it, so Fiona and I joined them! HAHA. Oh, and Fiona! She cut her hair short! Cuteee! I miss her :]

One Buck Short were the last guest artists before everyone went home. I HAD FUN! Eli, Nad, Mira, Fiona and I went to the front, quite near the stage but more towards the right side. I tried taking some photos too, but most of them turned out unclear. Heck, I took 199 photos yesterday and only 20 or so were satisfying -.-

After the 10th annual ICC Concert ended, Aqila, Mira, Nadd and I went somewhere near backstage and "bumped" into the lead singer of One Buck Short. What more do you expect from us if not to ask for a picture and an autograph? :D Oooh! And lucky for Mira and Eli, they got to meet the bassist! Mira even got his autograph :( The bassist has radical hair. He jumped a lot too! Now he, is beyond wicked. HAHA.Went to Nad's after that, ate Maggi! Nad's terrapin, Terror, is so cute! Everytime I motioned towards the glass it's hide its head in its shell :D It's got long nails too o.o Talked to some randoms on MSN, sent Nadd home at around 6:30 and went home right after :)

Had Ayah's birthday eve dinner last night. The people present were none other than Mommy's closest friends. Yeap, the usuals :D I slept at around 1AM, whilst everyone else was still downstairs, talking or watching TV. Ehm, Liverpool and Arsenal! Both won in one night. Like a dream come true :p

Today was more of a birthday lunch for Ayah - this time, a bit of Mommy's side came and the whole of Ayah's side were present :) Not a perfect family gathering, I've been longing for one of those. I'm not sure how, but the tiramisu cake that Aunty Lynn bought for Ayah got mushed, how... Tragic. The cake tasted reaaally scrumptious, probably the best cake I've ever tasted!

I've got my Grade Four Theory Examination in BBBS tomorrow, with Seri - Wish us luck! And I was actually hoping to have a late night tonight :(

Pictures will be posted in the next post.

No comments:

Jellybeans